AIMS OF BSc NURSING :
The aims of the undergraduate program are to
- Produce knowledgeable competent nurses and midwives with clear critical thinking skills who are caring, motivated, assertive and well-disciplined responding to the changing needs of profession, healthcare delivery system and society
- Prepare them to assume responsibilities as professional, competent muses and midwives in providing promotive. preventive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare services in any healthcare setting
- Prepare nurses and midwives who can make independent decisions in nursing situations within the scope of practice. Protect the rights of individuals and groups and conduct research in the areas of nursing practice and apply evidence- based practice
- Prepare them to assume role of practitioner, teacher, supervisor and manager in all healthcare settings
- On completion of the B.Sc Nursing program, the B.Sc nursing graduates will be able to 1 Utilize critical thinking to synthesize knowledge derived from physical, biological, behavioural sciences, and humanities, in the practice of professional nursing and midwifery.
- Practice professional nursing and midwifery competently and safely in diverse settings, utilizing caring, critical thinking and therapeutic Nursing interventions with individuals, families, populations and communities at any developmental stage and with varied lived health experiences.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with national health policies and programs.
- Integrate professional caring into practice decisions that encompass values, ethical, and moral and legal aspects nursing.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of self and others. Communicate effectively with patients, peers, and all health care providers.
- Apply concepts of leadership, autonomy and management to the practice of nursing and midwifery to enhance and safety in health care
- Utilize the latest knowledge and skills related to information and technology to enhance patient outcomes & Communicate effectively with natients neers and all health care reviders
- Communicate effectively with patients, peers, and all health care providers Utilize the requisite knowledge, skills and technologies to practice independently and collaboratively with all health professionals applying the principles of safety and quality improvement.
- Integrate research findings and nursing theory in decision making in evidence-based practice
- Accept responsibility and accountability for the effectiveness of one’s own nursing and midwifery practice professional growth as learner, clinician and leader.
- Participate in the advancement of the profession to improve health care for the betterment of the global society utilize the requisite knowledge, skills and technologies to practice independently and collaboratively with all health professionals applying the principles of safety and quality improvement
- Participate in the advancement of the profession to improve health care for the betterment of the global society.
AIMS OF POST BASIC B.Sc NURSING:
The aim of the undergraduate nursing program at the post basic level is to upgrade the diploma(GNM) nurses to:
- Assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
- Make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing
- Services, and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor, manager in a clinical/public health
OBJECTIVES : On completion of B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) degree programme the graduates will be able to:
- Assess health status, identify nursing needs. Plan implement and evaluate nursing care for patients/clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing physical, biological and behavioral sciences.
- Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in community health settings.
- Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings.
- Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
- Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.