Pharmaceutical Education has obtained a place of immense importance in the field of healthcare. A diploma holder in pharmacy is entitled to secure license to establish his own drug store. Excellent opportunities are available in State & Central Government hospitals, Private Hospitals, Community Health Centers & other Healthcare providers to work as pharmacist. Pharmaceutical industries recruit diploma holders for various challenging posts. A diploma holder in pharmacy can pursue higher studies in B’Pharma, M’Pharma and/or Ph.D. There is a wide range of opportunities in foreign countries too.
A career in pharmacy, open out a view full of opportunities leading to a golden future for a young career aspirant. The job opportunities, working conditions, job satisfaction and monetary benefits are excellent. The various career a pharmacy professional can opt, for, are discussed below.
- Production & Manufacturing of Drugs
- Analysis & Testing of fininshed Drugs
- Marketing of Medicines
- Work as Pharmacist in Hospital Pharmacy
- Documentation, Library Information Services & Pharmaceutical Journalism
- Opportunities Abroad for further studies and job
The Pharmacist is able to face the challenges of the profession of pharmacy as described below;
- The pharmacy professional deals with the needs of pharmaceutical industry.
- The pharmacy professional deals with the needs of regulatory bodies and community pharmacy.
- Have ability to apply the acquired knowledge into providing preliminary solutions in specific areas such as the synthesis, formulation
- The pharmacy professional ensure quality of the manufactured drugs.
- Create awareness in society about the effective and safe use of medicines.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Health Education and Community Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug Store and Business Management
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
The Diploma in Pharmacy course is of two years duration, duly recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), and the examining body is HSBTE, PANCHKULA. The academic year usually starts from August every year.
- Entry qualification: 10+2 from Board of School Education, Haryana, or equivalent examination from a recognized board/ university with 35% marks (Subject to change by State Govt. decision).
Eligibility (Subject to change by State Govt. / Pharmacy Council decision if any)
- Pass with 35% marks from a recognized Board/University in any of the following examination with pass in PCB/ PCM
- A student who has passed from Open School education system of the Central Govt./ State Govt. institutions are eligible for admission to Pharmacy courses as per the concerned Education Regulations.”
BASIS OF ADMISSION
Admission to Diploma Pharmacy course shall be made on the basis of inter-se-merit/ rank prepared on the basis of %age of qualifying examination through On-line Off-Campus counseling at www.techadmissionshry.gov.in.
Haryana State Board of Technical Education, Panchkula
Examinations are conducted usually in the month of May every Year.
KEY FACULTY MEMBERS
|Renu Bala Kamboj