R.P.INSTITUTE OF SPEECH AND AUDIOLOGY, RPIIT TECHNICAL AND MEDICAL CAMPUS, KARNAL
The institute of speech and hearing is established in 2014 at RPIIT Technical and medical campus ,Bastara,Karnal .The institute is housed in Medical building with well equipped labs and clinical fascilities. This institute is recognized by Rehabilitation council of India and Pt.B.D.Sharma university of health sciences Rohtak,Haryana.We provide quality based rehabilitation services to the needy population of Haryana and near by area.We also offer academics programme recognized by RCI,New delhi.After Amity university,Gurgaon, this is the second institute in Haryana, who is running the graduate programme of speech and Audiology.
The courses offered in Speech and Hearing Sciences are:BASLP
(BACHELOR OF AUDIOLOGY AND SPEECH,LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY)
Excellent opportunities for the professionals are available in teaching profession also. This is a profession associated with job satisfaction and social status as teaching is considered to be noble profession. The higher posts in the hierarchy and Sr. Lecturer, Reader, Asst. Professor, Professor, Principal etc. Besides teaching Academic related opportunities involve positions on Research Posts and Training programs.
Career in Speech and hearing, open out a view full of opportunities leading to a golden future for a young career aspirant. The job opportunities, working conditions, job satisfaction and monetary benefits are excellent
Following areas where professionals are required for there services;
- Multi speciality hospital
- Medical college
- Under smile train project
- Under ENT,Paediatrician,Plastic surgeon
- Can run own private clinics
- Special school
- Hearing aid industries
- Dental college ;etc
- Career in Marketing; Any business is incomplete without the marketing & sales aspect, as the universal fact is that any thing produced has to be sold. The hearing aids and cochlear implant devices, Sales & Marketing is a highly technical field & offers excellent opportunities for the BASLP graduates. The financial rewards and perks are the best.
Tests performed by an Audiologist and speech pathologist after completion of BASLP Course;
Clinical Tests (Adults and Paediatrics):
- Testing and Diagnostic Interpretation of Pure Tone Audiometry,
- Speech Audiometry and Special tests.
- Immittance Audiometry
- Oto Acoustic Emmission
- Electrophysiological Tests (BERA, MLR, LLR, VEMP, ECohG)
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Counselling
- Evaluation for Identification of individuals with Central Auditory Processing Disorders (CAPD) under supervision.
- Hearing Aids selection, fitting, optimization and counselling
- Intra Operative Neural Response Telemetry
- Switch on and Mapping – Cochlear Implants
- Participating in Hearing Screening Camps conducted by the Institution
- Participation in Team Projects along with ENT Specialists, conducted by the Institution
- Conducting and Attending workshops on Cochlear Implants
- Organizing Audiological meets with other Audiologists and Professionals from related fields .
- Rehabilitation of Laryngeal Cancer patient.
- Rehabilitation of Hearing Impaired.
- Rehabilitation of Cleft,Lip,and Palate.
- Speech-therapy for Language disorder,MR,CP,Autism,ADHD,Aphasia,Dysarthria,LD;ETC
Opportunities in Abroad ;
Golden opportunities galore for qualified Audiologist and speech pathologist in various courtiers including the U.S.A., Canada, European Countries like U.K., France, Germany, African Countries like S. Africa, Nigeria, Yemen, Gulf Countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, South East Asian Countries like Singapore, Korea, Japan, etc. and the Australian Continent including N. Zealand.
Summary: In the coming decade Audiologist are expected to become integral within the health care system throughout the world . We conduct regular camp in different areas of Haryana .We provide community based rehabilitation programme to the Asha workers with collaboration with civil hospital,Karnal.We do regular screening to the new born child in different maternity hospital in karnal and panipat.We have two clinical branches located at Panipat, and Karnal.